Saturday, June 29, 2013

Excitement and suspense

Every moment I think about YAGM and moving to South Africa my heart starts to beat just that much faster and I can hardly contain my excitement. I am becoming very excited for this upcoming year. I have been working at camp for the last three weeks and it is one of my favorite places with some of my favorite people. Camp has been great to keep me focused on the present. Living in the present is something that I wish to do more of. Each moment is precious in its own way and everything has something to give that we can appreciate, but if we move by too quickly or are not focused on what is in front of us, we will miss the chance to witness beauty and God. And this is why I am so glad I get to be at camp before I move. This is a community where I have had practice with living in the present, focusing on the campers and people in front of me, and where I am in a routine to am able to look for God in my daily practices. I am blessed to be practicing this, but also extra challenged by it this summer and the past few days as I await my placement. It will be coming soon!! Let the patience, presence, and excitement continue!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment