Saturday, July 6, 2013

Open Heart

I found out! And I bursted into sparkles.

I received an e-mail earlier this week and it had the information of roughly what I will be doing in South Africa. I will be living in Thohoyandou, South Africa! I will be hosted by the Devhula Leboa Circuit and I am blessed to have the opportunity to live and grow in their community. As to what I will be doing...that is the best part. I get to learn from the Dean of the circuit and follow in the ministry that he does. Tessa (my country program coordinator) wrote in my letter that she feels I will be enriched by this because of my plans to go to seminary and become a pastor. And this is where the open heart from God comes into play. I have been wrestling with whether or not I am going to seminary for about the last year or so, and I have not been sure if I want to be a pastor for the last year and a half or so. And before the summer started I was pretty sure that pastoral ministry was not a job that I had the gifts or skills for. But this summer I am in a leadership position at Lutherdale Bible camp (where I have worked as a cabin leader for the last three summers) and as this summer has progressed I have started to think that yeah maybe I can be a leader and yeah I might have some leadership skills (this is something that I have NEVER thought I was, a good role model, yes sure, but a leader...no). And so when I received this letter from Tessa about where I was going and what I was doing I was surprised when I didn't respond with resistance, but with an open and excited heart for what is to come. It is by the grace of the Holy Spirit that I heard this news with an open and excited heart. I read the letter and thought "oh my! This is going to be so cool. Wow, maybe by the end of this summer and then by the end of next year I may be called to pastoral ministry." I am overcome with joy and excitement to see where I grow this summer and then with the opportunities that I have for this next year, where will I grow in all of that. It is amazing to see the Spirit working, and it is SO COOL when our lives are changed by it. Please be continually praying for me as this journey continues to twist and turn with so much joy and excitement.


1 comment:

  1. I think you will be awesome at whatever you do! God Bless!
    Kimber

    ReplyDelete